The Bharat Scouts & Guides, National Headquarters,
Lakshmi Mazumdar Bhawan, 16, M. G. Marg., I. P. Estate, New Delhi-110 002
CIRCULAR NO. 114/2012 DATED: 17-12-2012
All the State Secretaries
State Associations of
The Bharat Scouts & Guides,
Sub: WAGGGS 5TH WORLD CENTRE PILOT PROJECT “STOP THE VIOLENCE”
CAMPAIGN TRAINING EVENT.
I am happy to inform you that World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) is going to organize one Campaign Training Event on the theme “Stop the Violence” at Kigali, Rwanda from 06th to 11th May 2013 as one of the Pilot projects of 5th World Centre.
Other details of the Event are as follows:
“Stop the Violence”
Who can apply and participate:
- Young Guide/Ranger between 16 to 30 years of age and has completed atleast Rajya Puraskar/ Nipun Guide/ Ranger and Guide Adult Leader above 30 years of age and at least HWB Parchment Holder may apply.
- Willing to work on the WAGGGS World Campaign Stop the Violence and contribute to one of the Fifth Centre Pilot Project activities.
- Interested to do actions with and for the Community, especially in terms of advocacy and campaigning
- Committing themselves to learn and gain new skills and competencies, to draft action plan during the event, implement them back home and report at the end.
- Understanding of and be able to communicate well in English.
Dates & Duration:
The programme runs from Monday 06th May to Saturday 11th May 2013. Participants are expected to arrive by Sunday 5th May 2013.
The event will be held at Kigali, Rwanda.
$ 980 USD per person
This is a sponsored programme for 01 (One) Guide/Ranger and 01 (One) adult leader. The Registration fee, traveling expenses, meals, accommodation etc to the selected candidates will be borne by WAGGGS. Hence, please note that a limited number grants are available for the Member Organizations.
The application (enclosed) of the eligible and interested candidates duly recommended and forwarded by their State Association should reach to National Headquarters, New Delhi on or before 31st December 2012 along with caution money of Rs 3000/- ( non-refundable if selected and not participated) by Demand Draft payable to Director, BS&G, New Delhi. Application will be considered on “First Come First Serve Basis” as only limited seats are allotted to our Country.
JOINT DIRECTOR (G)
Enclo:- 02 Application Forms.
(i) Application form for Participation in International event, BS&G.
(ii) Event Application Form.
Copy for warded for kind information to:-
All the Office Bearers of Bharat Scouts & Guides, National Headquarters.